Friday, May 17, 2013

Faros Tunic by Flekka

Project Description:
Faros Tunic by Flekka

Source of Inspiration:
Flekka Challenge

Date Started : 
April 2013 (Can't remember the exact date)

Date Completed: 
14 May 2013

The materials:
Peached cotton found in local fabric store. RM5/m.

Changes made to the design:
Made a loose long sleeve version.

The experiences:

First and foremost, I would like to thank Flekka for her pattern drafting tutorials. Her instructions are clear and easy to understand.

Now on to the journey... Firstly, I drafted the sloper using Bunka method. Then using the sloper, I drafted the Faros Tunic using Flekka instructions.

Sloper: Master pattern for a perfect fitting snug fitting basic garment. Used to design garments and fit commercial patterns.

Then I made a toile. Then another toile, and another and another ... until I almost want to puke. I dont' need to adjust the bodice so much but I have to do a lot of adjustment. Sadly, I don't take pictures of the toile, so you can't see how awful the sleeve looks. The last toile was the best from it predecessors with less wrinkles so I made the tunic using that toile.

Toile: An early version of a finished garment made up in cheap material so that the design can be tested and perfected.

The Verdict:

When I wore the finished garment, the front tends to ride up and I feel like I'm being choked by the tunic.I know that I have a forward thrusting shoulder line but I've made the adjustment earlier on the sloper and the final sloper was perfect to my eyes. I guess, maybe the alteration I made is not enough. There's also a lengthwise wrinkles in upper sleeve. This I'm not sure why but it doesn't show in the toile I've made.

Well that's another story...until the next Faros tunic. If I make another one, I would prefer not to extend the pleat to the bottom of the tunic, this is to avoid me looks humongous and I will use a medium weight cotton.

Remarks: Will add the final tunic pics later.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Moody Hobbyist